We utilize the Versatron ESWT by Pulse Vet. Conditions that may benefit from shockwave therapy include:
- Suspensory ligament injury
- Tissue calcification
- Fractures or joint ankyloses
- Fatigue injury to bone
- Back pain
- Navicular disease
- Bone exostosis
VersaTron ESWT, What is it?
• ESWT is a non-invasive, high-intensity, pressure wave regenerative medicine treatment, which is commonly used in human and veterinary medicine. It helps the body in relieving pain, speeding healing and improving quality of healing.
• “Shock wave” is a physics term to describe a rapid increase in pressure, such as the energy from an explosion or thunder resultng from lightening. “Shock wave” does not refer to electrical shock.
• VersaTron ESWT is a much higher energy and can penetrate to deeper areas than many other types of energy modalites. It helps the body in many other types of energy modalities.
What is ESWT used for?
• VersaTron ESWT has been proven effective for a variety of types of conditions including:
o Tendon and ligament injuries: stimulating, accelerating and improving the healing process
o Wound healing: healing chronic wounds, antibacterial properties
o Bone healing: speeding healing and improving bone density
o Osteoarthritis/Degenerative Joint Disease: alleviating pain and inflammation and slowing the disease process
• VersaTron ESWT treatment can help your horse to return to work more quickly and may help to prevent recurrent injuries.